ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Fish the K3 Park (Rock Creek) Friday afternoon. Thought you guys would like the above photo of a Northern Banded Water Snake that I caught.

Razzo

·
Registered
25 Posts
excellent photo Razzo! i grew up fishing Rock Creek. i have caught some beautiful smallies from that little creek, although its been years since i've been there. funny thing is, i was at waldenbooks the other day with my girls and we were browsing thru a chicago area nature guide (more of a picture book for the table top than an actual guide). anyway, there were some really beautiful pictures of the Rock in it, including the cover which is why i picked it up in the first place, because i thought i recognized it. anyway, cool snake, i've caught many of those babys, and gotten smacked a few times in the process, as you probably know from experience, know they are very aggressive - but harmless. keep postin the herps - they add a nice change of pace to the fishing photos, but who ever tires of seeing a nice smallie!

G

·
Killer pic Razzo, the color is incredible, buy the end of the season you’ll be ready for National Geographic. I looked for you post o the camera you picked up and couldn’t find it, can you post the type again please. The quality is supreme. How big is it?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marc,

The camera is a Olympus 2040Zoom. 2.1 mega pixel I think. It's close to being obsoleted by a newer model so the price is right. Of course the newer model probably has some better bells & whistles and more expensive. I am having a lot of fun. Give me an e-mail if you pick up a digital (I have some suggestions on how to handle/sharpen the image).

<font color="#FFFF00">I have been posting some pictures of Rock Creek on the Kankakee CLF Board. That place is beautiful. Check out the K3 board. You would think you were in the Wisconsin Dells.</font>
Take Care,
Razzo

G

·
Razzo, thanks for the reply. I'm going to check them out on Monday. I have a Sony FD73 that uses floppy's the quality is OK but noting close to what you get. I will shoot you an e-mail if I pick one up.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rock Creek is located in the Kankakee River State Park. It's between Wilmington and Bourbonnais on Route 102. Route 102 has a bridge that goes over Rock Creek. Go in the park entrance on the K3 side by the foot bridge.

Have fun,
Razzo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts