ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good thing we put off the 1st fun shoot! Wind was up and.....OK....it was a little cold. Met Tom at the gravel backwaters ramp in DCA at 3;30. Didnt see much at all in the main backwater, but got a bunch of shots in the creek. Water was nice and clear in there. Also had a big buff pull off at the boat at the mouth of the creek. But other than the creek, only saw a couple fish. Water must still be real cold in there. Lots of wind today.....and a little brisk.

Here are a few fish......

Some chop on the water....

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
There were lots of weed stalks sticking up through the ice last time I was out there looking around. How was it today? From the pics it doesn't look too bad.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strelnikov said:
There were lots of weed stalks sticking up through the ice last time I was out there looking around. How was it today? From the pics it doesn't look too bad.
Ice is all gone Evan. Water must still be real cold though cause the fish just arent very active. Only nes swimming around were in the creek. Like the river, the moving water must warm a bit faster than the lake. A few days in the 50s and it should be great out there.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to mention.....after seeing a large muskrat, Tom offered to sing the 70s hit Muskrat Love, but I declined as the song has always made me feel uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Ejoe said:
Forgot to mention.....after seeing a large muskrat, Tom offered to sing the 70s hit Muskrat Love, but I declined as the song has always made me feel uncomfortable.
Ejoe, I think Tom deserves a special nomination as club tenor! :-D

·
Registered
989 Posts
I don't know if you heard but Tom is going to be on american Idol next year. So we won't see him on the water as much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts