ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little chilly and wet this morning, but the fish are thick! Mike and Nate were already on the water when I arrived at 3;30. No buffs yet but big commons were everywhere. I took about 6 and went looking for buffs. Saw a couple good buffalo but missed the only shot I had. Nate and mike quit shooting the commons after about 15, and also took a nice goldfish and dogfish. Alot of the commons we took were over 10lbs too. The bowfishing is really getting good! Had a fun morning out there today......

My haul for the day including my biggest common of the day at 11lbs.

Mike and Nates haul. Some good commons there! Mike and Nate are a couple good bowfishermen and should give everyone a run for their money at the shoots this year!!

Nates boat proves you can be just as effective bowfishing with a car topper as you can with any boat.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Nice going guys!

I stayed home today and fixed the lights on my boat trailers (both big boat and jon boat). Didn't do any bowfishing this weekend but I got my trailer lights fixed and ready for next weekend. :)2

·
Registered
12 Posts
We got on the water at Big Basin around 9:00 am. We were bass fishing and scouting for the next shoot. The river is flowing strong and a little off color. With the chop and the murky conditions, it made daytime bowfishing tough. With no sun and cold temps they did not move real shallow.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Harold! Welcome to the forum :)2 :)2
Yea....the river looked a little rough this morning. Last weekend it was perfect but all that rain made things pretty muddy. Im glad the backwaters at DCA are there just for that reason, it gets you out of the wind and actually is better to shoot in high water. Give me a yell next time you go out there and we will meet up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts