ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I promised my daughter I would take her out this week, and despite the wind and rain, she still wanted to go (kid is hardcore, I'll giver her that). Anyway got down there about 9 and just did a "mini" circle. Fished clockwise from the ramp into the creek, down to the big bend and then back. Wind made visibility pretty tough and the creek is already getting a significant algae bloom, so not a great night. Missed quite a few including a very big buff at the mouth of the creek but did manage to stick a common in the creek and a smallmouth buff on the opposite bank just past the island.

I pulled all the lights on the boat yesterday and added 8" risers, really like the way the light hits the water much better. I also removed all the knobs the lights orginally came with as they grap your line like magnets. Replaced them with round head SS bolts and tangles were WAY less. Still working kinks out of the rig, but you can't rush experience.

Last nights fish..

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Nice fish for poor conditions! Im telling ya, boat or shore, day or night, DCA and 3 rivers will be as good as it gets by the time we have the shoot next weekend!! Ill bet we hit the buff spawn perfect after this weeks warm weather :-D Think Ill bring the frier so we can deep fry some cool water buffs too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts