ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy hit the backwaters by the motocross track worked our way up to the river mouth completely skunked other than a beaver. My buddy had his bobber in the water when he walked a little ways down where i was fishing when he returned his rod was gone. He yelled to for me to get over there. He said he saw the beaver in the water but did'nt see the rod go in. As i was about to get out a crank to try and snare it. There it was about 3' out in water. Got a stick got the rod but the damn thing was still on. Reeled in for a while and then finally it broke loose, Unbelievable. Talked with about everyone there no one got anything. Except this one guy keeping every little dink gill he caught under the culvert. Playing like a kid and keepin every last one of them he made me sick.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice retrieve on getting the rod back! My buddy caught a beaver once at Heidiecki. The dam thing hit ate the golden roach on his hook. He just cut the line. Ya gotta love the bucket people!!! They keep fish the size i use for bait. What's the point you would need a ton of them to get a decent meal! Not to mention what a pain in the butt trying to filet them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I see that all the time there. More times than not I leave there frustrated. At least they put some garbage cans there last week. alot of people were just throwing trash on the ground. Now half of it gets put in the cans anyway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
now guys if you read the post under the cooling lakes its okay tokeep these small fish. Has anybody caught any largemouths out there and is it weedy ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Kank backwater

I was out there on Sunday. I wanted to fish the state park area bu the gate was closed. I fished the area down the road from the MX track and got 1 cute little pike about 16" and a really fat 14" LM full of eggs. Other than that I saw nothing in about 2 hours of fishing.

Rainman

·
Registered
142 Posts
nitro48 said:
now guys if you read the post under the cooling lakes its okay tokeep these small fish. Has anybody caught any largemouths out there and is it weedy ?
Here we go again :roll: I thought this was settled. The small ones are yellow bass, they do not get as big as stripers in fact those fish were pretty mature and weren't gonna get much bigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts