ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've suspected for some time that my wife has been having an affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up. She started going out "with the girls" a lot recently although when I ask which girls, it's always "just some friends from work, you don't know them".
I always look for her ride coming home but she always walks from around the corner, I can usually hear a car driving off as she walks toward the house. If it really is a taxi why not just get dropped off in front? I once picked up her cell phone just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again, and why I was checking up on her.
Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her. I decided I was going to hide behind my boat which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she was getting out of. It was while I was lying beside my boat that I noticed rust on one of the bolts on the transom that secures the outboard.
Should I take it back to the dealer for replacement or should I just take the opportunity to buy the titanium bolts that I have always wanted? It's a big decision so I thought I would ask for your advice. Maybe I'll just try and buff off the rust? I am very stressed about this rust. Please help.
Thanks

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
/rofl /slapy

Dear halfwhitt,
I am unsure how to answer your question.
1. I am divorced
2. I don't own a boat (a canoe but not a boat)

I do however suggest you seek CLF counseling for other opinions as to handle the rusty bolt situation.

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
You better get that taken care of. A happy boat will stick with you for years. Maybe post this in the boats and equipment forum...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey Halfwhitt, I feel for ya man! I was once in a situation not unlike yours. My fisrt suggestion would be to hire a private investigator. They have so much more experience in cases like this. I would hate to see you get hurt. I mean, you just never know where those rusty bolts can jump out from and cut an arm or a hand. And lets not even talk about a tetanus infection. Now, I know you may not want to hears this but maybe its you own fault. So many people jump into fastener/fastenee realations without a (here comes the c word) commitment nowadays. I think you should seek hardware counseling. Dont worry nobody would have to know. You might even be able to do it on a night when your wife is out with her "FRIENDS". I think you and all your fasteners would benifit from this. Just keep your head up and remember that if you can make it through these difficult times the smaller stuff wont even matter.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Just when I thought BReyeAN didn't get it...
Really, I am cracking up!!!

ROFLMAO

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
I would not totally ignore the situation with your wife's "friend" either. I would certainly check out his background. You never know, he might work for Ace Hardware, Home Depot or better yet, maybe WestMarine and may be able to get you a discount on stainless steel replacement hardware.... Worth a shot 8:)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I feel your pain. I'll give you a hundred bucks for the boat, motor and trailer. I'll take care of the rusty bolts. At least this way, one of your problems is elimanated.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Tubes77 said:
I would not totally ignore the situation with your wife's "friend" either. I would certainly check out his background. You never know, he might work for Ace Hardware, Home Depot or better yet, maybe WestMarine and may be able to get you a discount on stainless steel replacement hardware.... Worth a shot 8:)
To use your line...
Now that's funny right there. :)20

·
Registered
272 Posts
get ride of the rust first!!!!

keep your boat in high maintenance, you can sell your boat at a higher price when you want to get ride of it.

Keeping you wife High maintenance , you lost half of you money when you want to get ride of her. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts