ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
got there about 7. couldnt find anywhere to fish. walked around the lake until i found a little spot that these people let me fish. right off the bat i caught ane about 12 inches. then lost one right next to shore. then hooked about 5 more in the next hour but couldnt finish. oh well they were fun. its my first time fishing for trout. does anyone think that it will be as crowded tomarrow and will there be any fish left?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably not as crowded - and there are plenty of fish - do not think many were caught today - proangler33, what were you using for bait?

·
Registered
31 Posts
i was using wax worms and berkley trout bait. they were hammering the trout bait but i also caught one on a wax worm and had a few other hits on it. they guys next to me was using minnows and got nothing. i think the key is to keep it simple. a small slip bobber down about 3-4 feet with a small aberdeen hook and a split shot. it seemed to work really well for me. just let them take it. i missed the ones because i was too anxious. oh well. fish on wayne! let me know how you do.

G

·
Try using a small white tube jig with a couple of waxes under a float.

<marquee> "All fishermen are liars except for you and me, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure about you" </marquee>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marc on 2002-04-06 19:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
72 Posts
My son and I got to Deep Quarry around 9:00. I actually got a parking space in the lot so many people had left. No bites at all on powerbait. I only saw 4 fish caught in 3 hours, all on minnows. I'll be sure to get back out sometime this week.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Deep Quarry Lake is located in the West Branch
Forest Preserve near Bartlett, IL. It is
located on Army Trail Road at Gerber Road, about 2 miles east of Route 59. Two (2) stop lights from Route 59.

G

·
Thanks Fish Bio now I know I've been there with my father before.Never got the name just went on memory.Thanks again

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fished 4:30-7:00 saw about 30 caught - bait of choice was spikes or wax worms and orange power baits - fish were schooling up and near the surface - the time is now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts