ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for about 3 hours, I caught 2, and missed 3. My friend caught her limit, all on power bait. Way to many people and little kids running around. I have no problem with little kids, but if your an adult keep an eye on your children. I'll be back out over the week, when less people are out. Mops

·
Registered
205 Posts
Went 4 for 7' Lost 2 at shore and one snapped my line. Caught 3 on nightcrawlers and one on powerbait. Lost 2 on a fly one being the big one that snapped my line. The trout were big this had 2 around 19" and 2 -17".
-
Highlights of the day included 2 guys who creeped in between me and my buddy and casted over us and crossed our lines all morning. Seeing someone finally get rear ended on army trail waiting in line in the turn lane. Looking at the 20+ people who entered before official opening time. DNR did not issue any tickets to them. Watching a mad rush of people run past the forest preserve truck before he got to the gate to open it up. Watching a stupid crackhead go wadding into the water by the second pier making a lot of noise and casting over everyone on shore. It must have been a long winter because I never saw some many people desperate to catch fish and break the rules.

I'll be out during the week. Im sure there's a good number of fish left compared to past years. The fish weren't hanging in the cove by the second pier being slaughtered like the past. I think theres should be some left for the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had a good time fishing for the trout. I caught 4 missed two. I was using minnows. Caught my 4 fish within the 1st hour of the opening.
:-D
I had a father and son next to me. The little kid was doing fantastic. He didnt catch the smaller trout either. His trout were quite large. He limited and caught at least two more (which he and his dad threw back). Father and son out for an adventure. The kid crossed my line a couple of times, but it was fine. He has a great memory to share with his dad. They were using nightcrawlers and minnows. :)2

I agree that the opening day shoud be more regulated. People who sneak in should be ticketed. They are breaking the rules. Why should everyone have to wait while they break the law. I got to the forest preserve at 3:25am and was the 11th in line. This time I saw two fish and game officers check my licence, which is good. They are keeping an eye on them. :)3

·
Registered
205 Posts
Fished from 5:30 to 8:00 today with my dad. Caught 2 and missed one on nightcrawlers. My dad missed 2 on night crawlers. Wind was shifted from Southwest to northeast and made the fishing tough to target fish. Might be out tomorrow. There's still fish out there...you just got work for them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts