ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what county your from and
what county you'll hunt,and why? -- myself, i'm from LaSalle co. and there are alot of nice deer but it's hard to find some-one that
will let you hunt, at least with-out shelling
out big $. so i know a couple of farmers in
Hamilton co.(4 hrs. south) from me and their
lands border state ground which only let's
you harvest 8 pts. or more. so i hunt either.
i also keep my small camper there.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I hunt DeKalb county and there are some big racked bucks here the quantity is not there but the ones here are big. also Ogle county for big racks. get hold of tim walmsey and he can tell you where to go for big deer

·
Registered
330 Posts
I hunt coles county because my father has a friend who is a farmer down there who has a good plot of land with lots of deer. Deer are easy to come by, with a lot of 4-6 pointers. Never really see too many huge ones though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
<font color="#00FFFF">I bow hunt for the most part Kane(where I live)also bowhunt in Franklin county where I also shotgun hunt,I was born in that county but live up here for 38 years.I also have a younger brother that owns some nice property in Johnson county in the Shawnee that I hunt also.</font> :)14

G

·
I'm from Cook county.. I mainly hunt in Lasalle county...But last year my hunting spot was closed due to the sept 11th incident..So I was stuck with Will county(des plaines conservation)& Bureau county(Green River)..

G

·
Never did Kankakee...As for the Des Plaines conservation area..Well it's a great place to bowhunt..If you don't mind the people who are walking around & the people who are running their dog's And the trap shooter's...Beside's all that...it's great... :)18

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah I hear ya Deer slayer. I hunted des plaines many of times only to have two or three guys walk right by my stand. Kind of sucked but what can you do. I usually hunted the area right across the street from the second trap range. I use that area as a last result thing. Oh well might give kakakee a try next year. Till later

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just found 75 acre wooded, west of Peoria,
asking $1500 per. what kind of thoughts did
you just have? besides being a good deer co.,
a getaway/camping? 4wheelers,shooting,4x4,
mushrooms,small-game?--later

G

·
Last season I was working the area past the boat ramps by the high tension wire's..I saw definite sign that deer were working that area..I set up with a large field of tall grass behind me about 50 yards in front of me was a small corn field..About 200 yards through the woods to my left there was a larger corn field...And another corn field about the same distance to my right...I setup just about in the middle of these woods & worked it for about 5 weeks..On the 5th weekend I had 5 nice size does by my stand..I was about to take a shot when some BEEP BEEP BEEP let his dog run around there..It was yelping & chased the deer away..I sighted up on that dog...To bad it never got close enough for a shot...It's bull the way that place is run...I understand that they have trial's there all the time...But they should require the owner's of these dog's to stick to the area that the trial's are being held @ & to stay away from the other area's..But IMHO,they shouldn't let people walk around the woods when hunting is going on anyhow...I think it's just an accident waiting to happen...

·
Registered
642 Posts
I hunt Whiteside county around Sterling. There are lots of deer. You don't see a ton of big bucks but they are there. I usually see at least one or two nice ones every year. They aren't always 'record' deer but they are way above average.

G

·
Would love to get a spot to hunt in Jo Daviees county.....Jo Daviees is one of the best counties for trophy buck's in IL..Had one years ago But my hunting buddy messed that up....That's why I alway's hunt alone now...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm from Lake County,IN. Originally from Cook County,IL. I deer and turkey hunt Brown County,IL. Unbelievable hunting! Bluegill and bass fishing too!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm in the mood to talk about hunting so I thought I'd revive this old thread! I'm going to Peoria County for what will be my third time out there. According to all the reports I've seen it's one of the best counties to hunt. I figure that the deer are on the outside of the City and suburb area. Nonetheless, I haven't tagged one yet although I'm not too die hard (I don't want to lose any limbs do to frost bite). Hopefully this year is the year! :smile:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I guess I'm in the mood to talk about hunting too. I'm from Dupage county as we all know there are not too many spots to hunt deer. I go to McHenry county and hunt private property. Sometimes I will bow hunt in Grundy county. Every year there is a trophy taken in the group but unfortunatly I have not been the one to take any of them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts