ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...it jus don't get any better than that! The Smirnoff vodka has kumquats in it for a citrus twist.

home grown portobella & shitake mushrooms with parmisan alfredo & whole wheat pasta too!

Fresh pickin's from the shroom garden

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
How's 4-13 weekend look? Time to get back thru the looking glass. No Ducat for me this year either I guess.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
April 12th & 13th looks Du-able ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
That food looks delicious! If you would, Please do share the recipes, especially the deer sausage. I have quite a bit of deer to use up and would like to do something like that.

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
M_D's had quite a year what with a visit from the West Nile virus and all. I know a doe ran into a 45-70 he was throwing.
I'll text him and see what's up. Might be a local Louisiana processor mix. They do green onion, jalapeno, and stuff like that down the bayou.

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
seuss79 said:
That food looks delicious! If you would, Please do share the recipes, especially the deer sausage. I have quite a bit of deer to use up and would like to do something like that.

Here is a start; http://www.free-venison-recipes.com/mil ... usage.html

If I gave ya mine ' I'd have to kill ya,"

On a serious note, what I like may not be to your liking? One thing for sure is that we add PORK FAT to ours. A bit more than called for. Otherwise its toooooooo dry for my taste buds. When you do your first, you may find the next time you will add more sage, or more allspice, or garlic? Curing spice a must for us. , paprika, you'll never know unless ya get in there & try.
Three of us knocked these out in a matter of hours, a medium smoke & then pan fried, YUMMY

My friends smoker; about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:) Most of my sausage (150lbs/yr) is processed by Bergeron's Cajun Meats; smoked, cajun fresh, jalopeno, green onion... ;) Bellue's Cajun Cuisine also makes about 50lbs a year for me ;) I used to do it Nikster's way :-? but makin' it got in the way of eatin' it! :lol:
:p Both specialize in "true cajun" meats and can be goggled 8:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:-D Headed back to the deer camp tomorrow. one more buck and i'm tagged out for the year ;) posted some on "hunting" thread 8:)
:roll: too cold to hunt last weekend. :-? lows in the low 20's & highs in the low 40's :oops:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts