ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know you probably see me as an annoying youngin but you said something about funnel's now what are they?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey buddy, funnels are areas where deer tend to use when moving from one area to another. Like where one area of woods meets another but between the two there is a little are of brush or somthing so there not walking in fields or anything. If you were to look at a topo map of the area you are hunting, funnels practically stick out. It's fairly easy to find funnels and they are really good to hunt.

G

·
No I don't see you as an annoying youngin..
And I couldn't have explained what a funnel is any better than what NP just did...We all had to learn this stuff @ one point...I just wish I had this option when I started hunting..Now just never start thinking you know everything....We all have room for learning new thing's...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Deer Slayer is right. I am only 22 and I started hunting when I was 14. To this Day I have killed 17 deer between bow and shotgun. I'll tell you, you WILL learn somthing new ever time you are out. The only advice I think all hunters will agree with me on is practice and wait for your shot. Don't take a shot if you think you can do It. It's not worth it. 95% of the time you will get the shot that makes you feel 100% that you can harvest the animal you are hunting. Good Luch. Oh yeah, if you are hunting deer, only shot at deer. Don't sit there and shoot at squirrels, and racoons or anything that moves. My uncle taught me that and I listened to him and trust me it has payed off. Good luck

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks deerslayer for not thinking i was an annyouin youngin.

Nitropete i probably wouldnt shoot at squirrels unless that is what i was going to do anyway.Did your uncle teach u lots of things.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey greg, yes my uncle taught me all the basics. I've sharpened my skills from experiances in the woods and from watching t.v. shows and reading magazines. Lots of it is common sense and be the animal, watch it's every move you will be able to determine when or when not to make you move. Certain body movements tell you that your in the clear or you've done somthing wrong. Watch the animal after you shoot. Tail up is most likly a miss, tail down is often a hit, and when the animal just falls over well thats the best of all because there is no tracking involved. There is soooo much to learn. It's funny because you will run across people who think you just go out there and kill a deer evrytime you go. They don't know all the preperation that is needed to have a sucessful hunt. Good luck

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's funny because you will run across people who think you just go out there and kill a deer evrytime you go
ive learned lots of things about hunting by watching tv. people from my school think what you said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.