ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other then Shabonna and Lake Sule what other places are there to go?

Particularly near the NIU campus im lazy i dont want to travel far (typical college student). I do like that little pond near the Knolls. I also noticed another pond near downtown Dekalb I believe it is Rotary park (decent sized pond) is there any fish in it?

Please let me know guys?

Or about Shabonna has anyone been out lately?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'd check out the Kishwaukee River - either mapquest or google earth and you'll see some good spots! (there is one strech in a park that I cannot recall the name of - but we used to catch smallies and a few snake pike down there) ... it's been a few years since I went to NIU but there are definately fish around.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The kishwaukee can be a great spot. Just like anybody of water you have to spend time to discover the holes that will hold fish. Like the person before me mentioned you can get a typical 14" - 16" smallmouth and smaller 20" range pike from the Kishwaukee.

Sometimes it is fun to walk along the river during the summer (on campus). You can see suckers and carp. If you have a fly rod they can put up a great fight. In addition you have to stalk them. You can not walk up to the bank and hope they strike. If you spoke them they take off quickly.

Rob

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill have to check it out but

Ill tell you that the knolls are a good spot but who doesnt know that?

Have you ever fished the pond at rotary park? any fish?

Rotary Park looks great but I went out yesterday didnt catch a thing but it is a big pond with good structures. Looks to be very deep. It also has fishing limits signs posted around the pond.

Let me know what you guys think?>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts