ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I woke up and found out the outdoor channel 606 is gone.
I called up directv to find out why. They said if you want to purchase a sports package then I can get it back.

I had this channel for over a year without a sports package. They said they reserve the right to take programming and channels if they choose even if you are under contract.

For those of you that have also had the same experience because you don't have a sports package call and threaten to cancel. That's what I did and they are now giving me a $5 credit for the next twelve months. It's not much but still...

Now hopefully I can get by until my contract is up without the outdoor channel. I believe the versus channel 603 was taken as well haven't checked yet.

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
You can still come out ahead!

See here:
http://www.outdoorchannel.com/GetOutdoorChannel.aspx

From the site:
DIRECTV Customers
Outdoor Channel is available nationwide on DIRECTV. There are two ways to order:

* You can add Outdoor Channel to any existing program package for $2.99 per month. You will need to specifically request Outdoor Channel "a la carte" for $2.99 a month by calling 1-800-494-4388 and speaking to a representative.
* It is included at no extra charge in the Pack on channel 606.

The kicker is, for Dish customers it is just $1.99.

Anyway with a $5/month credit and just $3 for the a la carte you come out $2 ahead. Just find a good horse at decent odds and you are set!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I pay an extra $7 a month with Comcast to get the Sportsman package which includeds Outdoor channel, The sportsman channel (The best channel on TV imo, 24 hour fishing and hunting with no infomercials) and various other channels like NFL channel and fox sports net. WELL WORTH the money imo.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Does that Fox Sports net air come local sports reports from other areas? If it's the one I'm thinking of, I often see a listing for things like "Detroit Sports Report" but I don't have access... It would be cool to have that to watch sports news in other markets....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oz,

As long as they kept me on hold you would think they would have told me about that 2.99 "al la carte" special.

I think tomorrow I will have to look into it.

I just don't like the fact that they can take any channel anytime they want from you even if you are under a contract that includes those channels.

Oh well I guess I am coming out ahead anyways like you say so being upset won't do any good. I'm sure Dish Network probably has same policies but I never had any trouble with them. I had their service for over 5 years and not one problem.

The only reason I switched was because directv got me more channels for like 15 bucks less a month. Going back to Dish as soon as contract ends.

Live and Learn I Guess...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts