ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going for another rubber band session this weekend. Slinging artificials as well. I have a feeling these may be the final powerline trips for the year.....unless I nail 'em! Results will be posted on Monday.

RESULTS:

4/19- 1 for 4. 2 hits on the powerline, one landed. This 2.5 pound rainbow hit a crawler:

Another shot:

I had two hits while casting an orange nickel 1/2oz KO wobbler. One was a hook-up with a 5# plus brown that nailed my spoon about ten feet from the wall. It shook its head for a couple of seconds, did a couple of barrel rolls and tossed my lure back at me.

4/20 - Only fished for and hour and a half and had one hit on the powerline. That was it. El skunko.

I'm mothballing the powerline gear and using the spinning gear to catch some more silver fish until those tasty perch start moving in. This has been one fantastic spring on the powerline circuit!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Tho I am not a powerliner , my suggestion would be read the report of the other areas to see the pattern. Looks like the fish are working thier way down now. 31 rst street was doing very well with some limits being caught. The fish are coming north and you should get some shore action soon aroud your area.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I am already looking forward to Spring 2009!
And the jumbo perch haven't even come back to Montrose yet! There's been some keepers around in quantity already, believe it or not--but really, really, really hit or miss at this point. Another 2 weeks or so and it should be like Navy Pier on the north side this past winter. 4 weeks, perch heaven! Literally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts