ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out for awhile and managed to catch many perch. only 4 dinks the rest where keepers, but all are back in the drink. biggest being 12 inches. ice was iffy for me so i stayed on the piers. oh yeah i caught 4 of those minnows, i think there are chubs....i think?????

·
Registered
85 Posts
Icefishman,

So you were fishing the piers out on the lakeside of the harbor? Were you using live bait or artificial? What kind of setup?

Sorry for being so inquisitive, I've never really targeted perch before, so I'm curious to know what works.

I'm thinking of getting out there this weekend if weather in the 40s holds up.

Thanks ahead,
Jon

·
Registered
57 Posts
was you fishing by the other side of the bridge meaning the tunnel ? i never fish their ! So your saying its good their huh ! Maybe ill give it a try. Any other people out their besides you ?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was out their at about 6:30pm for only about 30 minutes tossing some spinners and cranks at the pier edges. No sign of mr. bass anywhere.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was using minnows and wax worms. the wax worms were on a swedish pimple...i put 3 to 4 on the bulk it up. and the minnows were on a hook and a split shot right off the bottom. i had some bass minnows and baby roaches and they both worked. the wax worms out performed the minnows but i did get a nice hit on a baby roach. it took a long time to find fish, but when i did it payed off. i was trying to catch some gills or bass but could not find them. hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts