ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I recently bought a kayak and been taking her to all my previous shore spots. I hit the dpr near wadsworth area. THe river is still very high, So the fish were harder to find, all the previous eddies are 2 feet under. I got no fish but took a few snapshots. Worked a few bridges but nothing.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually before I purchased it I felt the same way. I never owned a kayak or canoe until about 3 weeks ago. On lakes its a breeze, real easy to do just do a lil paddling and then you drift and cast. On the river it was a little more challenging, but also the water is very high. When it goes down it'll be much easier, even tho it wasn't very hard to do today.

I just went up river about 2 miles and then when Im floating back down I cast. Constantly casting can be tough. when the river goes down a bit I think I'm going to bring live bait and paddle to different eddies and work them all up river.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Itdoesn't look that deep or high?

Where I fish from Willow Springs Road down past Rt 83, the river is flooding forest preserve shores, and approaching the normal shoreline is and should continue to be dangerous or hazardous the weather channel says, turn around don't drown. It would be ideal boating with a motor now and for a few weeks. in my opinion. Just avoid dams, the logs near bridges, and stay away from shorelines, so you don't mess up the propeller.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts