ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work in West Chicago and the DuPage is just about across the street from where I am working. Is the section of the DuPage between North Avenue Roosevelt Road worth exploring for smallmouth? The river looks good, with plenty of riffles and structure, but so far I have not seem much fish activity. I don't mind doing some hiking and brush busting to find some good spots.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I dont know about the smallies in that area,but the carp fishing is good.You might want to try canoeing it.I put in Winfield and take out at the Mack rd. takeout(on mack rd. just east of 59).Nice ride aprox. 2 hrs,high water,1. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live just about walking distance from the "creek" (its THAT big at North Ave). Have caught some small cats but really haven't fished it that much, pretty rough hiking right there. But I'll be giving it a try soon.

Have you tried it just south of Roosevelt Rd? Just to the west of Pal Joey's the river gets covered with lily pads come summer on the inside bend. Has always looked real good. Need to try it real soon.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts