ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got an invite from a friend a few months ago for some mid October Eagle Lake fishing .
Kind of hard to say no to that :smile:...

We were up from October 15th to the 23rd and this time my #2 Son came along to experience the Northwoods with us. The weather was cooperative but chilly. We were only blown off the water one day.

We had a good approach going this trip. Around 3:30-4:00 am every morning my buddy would be out the door deer hunting. He would arrive back at the cabin around 8:00 or 9:00am and then we would eat breakfast and spend the rest of the day on the water. Afterwards a hot shower, a glass of sippin' whiskey and the Cubs on T.V. :)2

The walleye fishing this trip was the best I've experienced on Eagle for both numbers and size. {Though we did not catch any walleye over the protected slot}.

All fish were caught on #7 jointed Shad Raps and drifting crawler harnesses. My friends Dad met us up there for a few days and he did well on pike throwing large Salmo Chubby Darters.

I didn't take many fish pictures because no giant fish were caught and everybody knows what a walleye looks like. Though we did have a mid to upper 40's musky boatside thrashing around for a few exciting seconds. The ensuing debacle deserves a thread of it's own...:(:(:(.

Our daily ride.

Here is my Son with a decent slot fish caught off a mid lake hump.

We only kept a few fish every day {well below our limits}

My friends very kind and generous Dad had the cabin provisioned with plenty of good food. Including some wonderful bone-in rib eyes !

Almost done...

Here is my Son Henry getting a lesson in rifle and shotgun safety from my friend Neil.

Target practice.

Ejecting shells.

Finally, I don't know if people are aware, but Bobby's has been sold {divorce} and is now owned by a surgeon out of Winnipeg? and his investment group.

Also, Buster's BBQ burnt to the ground about a week or so ago :(.

·
Premium Member
5,974 Posts
Looks like a good time Fonzie. Is that your Lund? Hows the boat treating you so far?

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like a good time Fonzie. Is that your Lund? Hows the boat treating you so far?
Nope, that is Neil's Dad's boat. It has a 300 Merc on the back. Mine has a 50...:lol:
Anyways, I do love my boat and thankfully have had zero issues with it. The only thing I've done is to add a 80 lb MK Terrova on the front.

·
Premium Member
5,974 Posts
Nope, that is Neil's Dad's boat. It has a 300 Merc on the back. Mine has a 50...:lol:
Anyways, I do love my boat and thankfully have had zero issues with it. The only thing I've done is to add a 80 lb MK Terrova on the front.

I just picked up another Lund last week. A 1970 14 footer

·
Premium Member
5,974 Posts
Nice! Reminds of the Lund my grandpa had when I was a kid, brings back a lot of memories. Cool old willys pickup in the background, is that yours?
It belongs to the neighbor across the street. He still drives it around

1 - 12 of 12 Posts