ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's this aimed at?
I am guessing that most fishermen/women have done this all along.
Not to downplay the importance, but just what groups of people is this aimed at?
I hope not fellow fisherman for the most part, but times they have changed.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It's aimed at anyone who will pay attention, I expect.

I've got no issue with "earth day" becoming "earth week".

Except Earth day used to mean free outdoor live music, cute women in tie dyes and frisbee playing (I'm talking '89, not '69).
I don't think you get these perks with earth week.

But bring on the awareness, as far as I'm concerned.

If it results in nothing more than more people realizing that buying bottled water is a really bad idea (geez, get a Brita and a nalgene bottle already), it's ok by me.

However, I am concerned that the notion of greening up and being environmentally conscience has become a trend, a marketing plan.

Ex: Walmart's advertising itself as being more green now.
Walmart. This post is not an attack on Walmart, but c'mon.

My concern is that trends fade. You should have see my haircut, 18 years ago.

so, here are all these products, many still selling at premium prices, buy them all up and be eco-friendly!
Until someone decides it's time for the next trend, and tells you to change your behaviour again.

Then what happens?

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
I'm so sick & tired of green this, green that I WANNA PUKE. :)11

Can't wait for my next GREEN BUGGER I'm gonna slip it on someones shoulder so they can see what GREEN is all about.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Recycling waste

On our Garbage trucks they have printed, Due to recycling we have saved a million or so trees. And with aluminum cans they save so many barrels of oil. What gets me is how come we still have a shortage of oil. Also with the paper I get more junk mail now than ever before. I wonder if all of that is recycled paper.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't let them kid you the only shortage of oil there is resides in the minds of OPEC! If I tried to make the percentage of profits those jamokes make I would be unable to get customers at all. Where is the compassion for other humans gone? It's not "save the earth" it's "save the oil companies".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.