ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Salmonbob and I went back to the local pond. 1/2 oz XCalibur Trap was the ticket. Seemed the fish were hitting right at the ledge where the deeper water hits the flats. Caught 10 in total biggest being a pig 20 inch 4.8 lbs, second biggest in my life. The average fish was 1.5 lbs. Great day to get out. Now for the holiday family stuff and then back for the night bite.
Xcalibur

20 incher

Salmonbob

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Nice :)2 .
I was at a relatives house eating spiral ham today. Looks like I gotta start hittin up my local ponds since they're all open.

p.s. "watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that y..... ...."
Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Nice bass :)2 I was out for about an hour today and lost a pretty nice one on a plastic. Glad to see you have them dialed in.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Damn, nice work man. This morning in the shower I was considering putting the "Just in Case" rig (2pc pole, small tackle box) back in the trunk of my car so if I saw something while driving home I could splash a few baits, but I heard the radio give the forecast and said "nah, I can wait"

Shows what I know. :lol:

·
Registered
356 Posts
In that bottom pick is that a Quantum Energy PT baitcaster? If it is how do you like it? I'm thinking of picking one up at BPS next weekend due to the rebate offer they have right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts