ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got our trip in to LOE last Sat. We fished with a guy from SNS guide service. 3rd attempt at getting there, canceled once because of blizzard conditions and the last time because of the flooding. Had great weather once the fog lifted, unfortunately the crappie are hiding really well. Only managed a few crappie by lunch time, tried many spots and different methods but just couldn't get anything to really work. The water is so muddy that you probably have to hit them in the lips to get ones attention. Around lunch time we switched over to bass and had a good afternoon. I did lose a decent one in the weeds and then had another one that I couldn't turn and he ran me up under a dock and snapped the line. Water was 51-53 on the south end and we did find some 60 degree water in one cove on the north end. All the bass were caught on jig-n-pigs anywhere from right on the bank to 12' of water. Had my girlfriend with who has only been fishing for about a year now. She has never fished with lures for bass and got her first one so watching her made it all worth it. We have a crappie tournament down there on May 3, I just hope it isn't too late. They are supposed to get more rain down there the next ten days and heavy rain today. The plant was still not running full time so with the weather and colder water than normal the lake is really screwed up. Fished with Tyson and had a great time. Very knowledgable of the lake and would go again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts