ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've got arthritis now,so I'm looking to upgrade from the manual crank Riviera 'riggers to something electric. I don't want to start a war of words(everybody has an opinion-let's keep it simple) just looking for advise. I only get out on the big pond a handfull of days(6-8) but I do troll deep on other waters with my little boat for lakers,'bows,browns,etc.. can't/don't want to buy new, just looking for something easier on the joints!

·
Registered
450 Posts
you could adopt me. i'll work the down riggers. this way you could keep some coin in your pocket. i promise i won't get in the way.

all joking aside. i saw a couple electric down riggers on craigs list about three weeks ago. the guy that was selling them was up in michigan. they where a pricey - but still cheaper than brand new.

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
cannon, big jon, and walker all make riggers that for the most part work well.

I am partical to Cannon, but have Vecotrs on my boat now and would say to get them but havent seen any used vectors for sale latly.

If you use ebay keep an eye on shipping - riggers are not light

·
Registered
281 Posts
Riggers

Riggers come in all different price ranges. I've used the Big Jon which was nice for the price and weight of the unit. The flip up was a nice feature. No problems withn those unit. Currently I use Cannon Digi Trol 4
and really enjoy the features of these unit. E bay is a great source but look also at the swap sections of these sites here. Remember don't get ripped off on the shipping when you buy from e-bay.

Captain Ken
Molly Maru
30 Ft. Bayliner
Montrose Harbor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts