ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going with a coworker on a last minute (2 day notice) ice fishing trip to Canada tomorrow. Planning on filling my limit on Eyes, Perch, Northern and Lake Trout. Bringing Camera with for plenty of pics. Resort is owned by buddies cousin. Gas and Food is all the cost for 5 days of hard water madness. God I love when a plan comes together! For all those wondering Yes i'm married. And No I DON'T HAVE KIDS. See everyone when I get back!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the late response. The trip was a blast, fishin was slow but we managed a few here and there. We stayed at Pickeral creek Camp. Its owned by Dave and Betty Frankovich(Coal City). My buddy Tony is Daves Cousin. The Camp is in Perault Falls, in Northwestern Ontario. Ill try to do this in the order as seen here goes. We caught many fsih but im not one to put the rod down to pick up a Fuji! :-D

On the way up in Canada

River flowage.

2 ft of fresh snowfall on the logging roads, hope and prey no one comes from oncoming traffic especially a logging truck!

first day fishing only had a few hours the atv was a bad idea because the snow started to warm and the atv almost didnt make it back later we just took the truck wherever out on the ice.

2nd day more snow only a couple inches.

One of the lakes that is attached to Pickerel Camp has jumbo perch in it! Along with Walleye Northern and others. We were catching so many perch we threw some small ones and watched a family of bald eagles swoop down and pick them up with out blinking. one is in the tree

Variety of Fish from the same lake right on the camp site. Guys im tellin ya I caught massive Perch and these things were like small carp!

how much ice?????????

30 INCHES!!!!!!!!!

Tonys dad Al with a Laker

The master (Me) with a nice laker.

What do we have here?????

Oh Yeah, this is what I came for!!!!

Betty toughing it out with the guys and having a blast!

Same day sunset.

How could you not take a pic of this?

Day 4 by far the funest with the whole gang on sleds looks like were were having to much fun. Blew a belt.

Later on in the day group pic.

Daves Canadian Buddy Scott. I got to ride on the back of his Artic Cat 1100? I think 1100. Not the most manliest ride but they said I had the right weight because we rode a wheely for a 100 yards!!!!

The last day and a good shot a the 2.5 Feet of snow they had.

WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS WAS THE COOLEST AND BY FAR THE FUNNEST VACATION I HAVE EVER HAD. I WILL HONESTLY NEVER FORGET THE MEMORIES FROM THIS TRIP. DAVE AND BETTY IF YOU'RE READING THIS DONT FORGET YOU GUYS ARE PROBABLY THE NICEST, MOST SINCERE PEOPLE I HAVE EVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF MEETING! (SORRY BABE THIS EVEN BEAT THE HUNNY MOON)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Awesome pics jbill!!!........I know exactly where this camp is located....I drive past it every year on my way to the next resort north of there on Jackfish lake.....I'm guessing it's the lake where you caught the jumbos......hwy 105 looks well maintained for this time of year. I'm curious to know where you caught your lake trout...Cliff lake?

Heading up on the opener for 2 weeks....with 30" of ice currently on the lakes, I look forward to a really late ice-out, and some pre-spawn Walleyes.

Mod

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Very cool :)2
That picture of the cliff with someone fishing should be framed :p

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
Great Post, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Very nice :)2 .

·
Registered
823 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I have fished many of those lakes in that area, including Pickerel and Jackfish. I too am curious where you got the trout, I found a real nice lake there a few years back. That is God's country up there

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The lake trout were indeed caught on Cliff along with many of the pics from the post.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Great job

Excellent job on the fishes and the pictures are great. Been thru the creek many times myself from Jackfish lake. Winter sure looks sweet.
GLGF
Fin :)2 :)2 :)2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts