Great Lakes Kayak in Lake Bluff in Illinois

847 582 1070

www.greatlakeskayak.com

They do kayak out Lake Michigan!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called Evanston, a permit to launch with no storage as a non-resident is $230.00/annually! :eek:

Damn, I wish they had a daily. I doubt I'd go more than a handful of times.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sticky said:
I called Evanston, a permit to launch with no storage as a non-resident is $230.00/annually! :eek:

Damn, I wish they had a daily. I doubt I'd go more than a handful of times.
I have kayaked off Dempster after 6:00 when I was working up that way. I could paddle till dark, no one said a word to me about launching.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where to put in near Evanston

You can put in at the beach next to Wilmette Harbor. Just north of the harbor/dog-run is a sandy beach open to everyone--but you can't park at the beach without a Wilmette sticker. However, you can drive down to the beach area, leave your kayak and equipment, and park just west of the park/baseball field open to the general public...and then walk a block to your kayak. You don't need anything more than your state fishing license to paddle into the harbor, or catch fish off the rocks outside the harbor. Just watch the weather, because Lake Michigan is not forgiving. I caught some nice perch this way last year.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I know that spot from my childhood. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to hit it together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts