ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of an Easter egg hunt on Sunday morning, I decided to take the family on a coho hunt instead. It was great morning with light northwest to north winds; quite an improvement over Saturday's 20 mph blow from the east which caused me to abandon Saturday's trip. Here's a view of the conditions looking to the south:

The morning did not start out too well with me snapping off my powerline anchor. After tying on a new one, I shanked my second throw by hitting the ground on my backswing. Attempt number three turned out fine. After baiting up,I send my line out and catch coho #1 after 15 minutes. My son hooks and pulls in a 2# coho maybe 30 minutes later. I then land a 3# brown which had hit when I was sending the line out again.

For the day, we had about 10 hits with 3 caught on crawlers and two caught on tinsel jigs tipped with an alewife strip fishing one line. Here's the morning's catch:

Family, the outdoors, and fish. What better way is there to spend a morning?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice report and pictures Westwind! Looks like it was a great day to be out there!

I'm uneducated on the ways of powerlining, but how deep down were the fish biting?

- Jon

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jon,

My leaders are 3-4 feet. Depending how close they are to the bobbers, the baits were presented at depths of 4-6 feet. If action is slow, I will try deeper. FYI- fish were caught from a distance of 40 feet to over 150 feet from the wall.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Great job. The smiles tell it all. Keep up the good work!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts