ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARE THE EYE'S BITEN??? ON WHAT & WHERE ABOUTS? WHAT TEMP. DO THEY LIKE?ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT.I HAVE WANTED TO FISH THE ROCK FOR YEARS NOWEVER SINCE I FIRST SEEN IT WHILE DRAG RACING AT THE TRACK, BEAUTIFUL RIVER.I C.P.R. JUST TO -

G

·
<font color="#0000FF">So Lipripper, you drag at the Byron speedway...try the Oregon dam or the Rockford dam now. The spawn is just starting and the eye's are beginning to stage in their traditional spawning areas. All we need is a good stretch of "warmth" to get these guys really moving. Water Temps are getting around the 45-55 degree spawning mark and the daylight is also increasing eachday. Try a plain leadhead tipped with a minnow, and keep the the weight around 1/16 to 1/4oz...good luck! Fishski</font>

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to post anonymously...I will be hitting the Rockton area this week...The move is all done!!! Now it's fishing time! Fishski

·
Registered
118 Posts
The plain leadheads work pretty good and they are very inexpensive. I like them when the water is clear after several days of no rain. After rain, like we've had lately I like bright colors or a metalic chrome has worked for me. I haven't been up to Rockton yet this year. Looking for a good report from you Fishki. Wind and walleye do go hand in hand. If you don't have the wind it can be replaced with the cover of night. Definately can't substitute the structure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
<font color="#008000">I will take the low light too...and we have had plenty of wind! The rain should stain things up a bit. I'm getting new tires for the trailer this week, but if that delays things I'm going to wade the dam area. The tires got bad dry rot over the winter and they're ready to pop! Do you want to join me and the boys for trout fest? or will you be out of state by sat? Did the on-line renew for my license...decent! will report when I can get my carcass out there! Fishski</font>

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sorry can't join you Saturday Fishski. I'm taking the family up to the Wisconsin Dells Thursday - Saturday. Were going to stay at a Hotel with the indoor waterpark. I am going to bring a pole and check out the dam on the Wisconsin river. I've decided I'll get a Wisconsin license this year. I'll get my stocked trout fix in May when my sportsmans club stocks the front pond with about 500 trout. Its not a big challange. I usually get my limit in the first half hour using rooster tail spinners. Good luck.

G

·
<font color="#00FF00">Paul,i just sent you an email regarding getting away for a while,looks like you took my advice before i offered it. Good for you! That hotel is supposed to be Kick Ass from what my buddy said(he went last winter) im curios what it ran you for the weekend? I need to get my crew out for a while they have the cabin crazies! Were thinking about driving into chicago and doing the museum thing on sunday. Have a good time bud ! Kevin</font> :)27

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kev bring your poles the coho are all over the lakefront, Henrys bait shop is having a contest for free at the aqu. sat. mourn. Might as well make a day of it. Just slip bobbers 2 to 5 with crawlers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts