ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

F f 2013

3K views 63 replies 10 participants last post by  Tubes77 
#1 ·
Just so we don't have to search through 12 pages of last years thread... Does anyone know how to start the league??? I feel like that CARMAX commercial... Where's the START line??? I have the time to set it up...

#34 ·
Sorry guys but when we didn't have 10 players it bumped us out of our drat time slot. I took the next available late evening time slot and that was tongiht. It was that or Wednesday night at like 10:30 pm I think. Or the other option was autodraft and I sure as **** wasn't going to let that happen. Now that we have 10 teams we should be good to go, sorry for those whose schedule conflicts.

#39 ·
Weird, I just saw the posts about the third WR, I never changed that so I don't know why it showed that instead of the flex. It might of been when it reset us when we didn't have enough to draft. I left everything at the default yahoo scoring with two exceptions. I added the half point PPR (I like full pot better) and I shortened the bench from 6-5. Supposedly I added a IR spot, but that doesn't show up on my bench. I might have screwed that up. It's supposed to allow you to keep a guy that gets hurt early in the season without taking up a bench spot. I thought that was a good compromise to shortening the bench.

#46 ·
After that epic Sunday night meltdown, looks like I am headed to the cellar. The projections had me winning by something like 25 points going into that game, I don't think I have ever seen a matchup were things went worse. Had to see it to believe it. Unfortunately I had Kapernick and Dawson going in my money league too, which ended up costing me the matchup too.

#47 ·
Wierd, it seemed like shortening the bench by 1 player and this year being only 10 teams rather than 12 would make for plenty of waiver wire and FA options, but not so much. With all the injuries in the league it's turning into a barren wasteland a bit for talent to pick up. My kids picked up Eddie Royal though who has 5TDs in his first two games. I told them there is no way he'll come close to maintaining that pace and my not have 5 more TDs the rest of the season, but they're convinced they got a great pickup. I guess since they got him, he probably will score a bunch more, but if I had picked him up, he wouldn't score another all year.. Even though we have a couple of 2-0 teams, I still think anyone can be beaten on any given Sunday in our league this year.

One question though. Does anyone here have a player that has been officially placed on IR? When I set up the league settings, I supposedly added an injured reserve spot on the roster. It doesn't show up on my team and I can't seem to find it in the settings, so I figure it either didn't get set up, or you have to actually have a player on IR for it to show up.

#50 ·
I don't know why it didn't allow for the IR spot. I know for sure I selected that option as it was one of the few things I changed from default settings. I shortened the bench by one player, added the 1/2 point PPR option and I changed the waiver wire time by one day and changed it so you could pick up players right up until start of game time. The rest was default settings. I don't think it will let me change it now, and if so, it might not be fair to do that at this point.

My kids are finally going to win this week, so they're thrilled! They've been learning about the curse of the injury bug...

#52 ·
Hey, I'm glad you were gone, I needed the W... :)

Anyway, back to the aforementioned IR spot. I did some checking and it turns out we do in fact have an IR roster spot. Further study though revealed it's mostly used in Dynasty leagues in which you keep a player from season to season. The way Yahoo works, the player must be designated as an IR player to be put on the IR roster spot. Since IR players generally are out for the season, it doesn't really do us any good. When I set it up, my thought was that if you get a player who pulls a hammy or gets a concussiona and is out for 3 or 4 weeks, you could place him in that IR spot but I guess not. According to my research, the NFL does allow for one player per year to be removed from the IR designation (not sure what the details are on that) so if you have an IR player, you might as well put them in that spot. The spot does not show up on your roster unless you have an IR player, and then you have to click and drag or use the up/down arrow to put them there. Here is the help page with the details.
http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_SPORTS_FAN_FOOTUS&locale=en_US&id=SLN6425

BTW, I looked over the scoring settings and I forgot about one other change I made. I changed the scoring for a safety from 2 to 4 pts. Safety's are pretty hard to come by IMHO, so I thought they deserved more pts. Don't think one has happened yet, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.