ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we tried this one before on the old CLF board. The new system of setting up poles should help to get more feedback.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Plastics seem to be leading.

Tubes, worms, or sencos?

G

·
I find it hard to beleive that barely anyone has chossen spinnerbaits or crankbaits.But then again the question is FAVORITE lures,which for many the topwater bites are truly the best.Seeing a bass come up and nail a lure is second to none,i even get a kick out of it when they miss it but you can tell the bass is still following a popper.The next twitch usually results in the slam. I wonder what some of you do when you are getting short strikes on a popper,do you keep throwing the popper even though the bass arent quite taking it.Or do you go to some other bait?I often fish poppers and have a hard time going to another lure when this short striking is happening.any ideas on this subject? Kevin d.

·
Registered
268 Posts
When I'm popping poppers - I want nothing but line between my rod/reel and the plug. No swivel, no clip, no split ring, nutt'in. I want my popper to hang tail down with its nose above the water. After a bass whacks it, I start reeling but "try" not to start the rod sweep until I feel the weight of the fish. Otherwise I pull the plug away from my prize. I'm not married to any lures or techniques. I just keep changing this and that until something lands in the net.

Alcohol Tabacco and Firearms -
did anyone bring the samiches?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amused on 2002-03-31 21:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kevin, I liked Pete's idea of tying the tube jig a foot off the end the topwater. I've never tried it but it looks like it would work for short/finicky striking fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts