ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...hit the river for a little while between honey-do stuff.
Came up with two nice smallies, a couple fat rock bass, a dink smallie and a little ten incher largie.
Not bad for a stolen hour.
Also snagged a carp by the tail. Man that is a wierd fight.
Big carp by the tail in heavy current =visions of the next state record smallie dashed on the rocks. Fun though.
All on a 1/4 oz. white marabou road-runner.
Pic to follow.

Nevermind the goofy buck-toothed expression.
It was sunny, standing on a steep slope down to the water, and I suck at the self-portrait thing.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
The water in the background of the first picture sure looks like a sweet spot.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed said:
The water in the background of the first picture sure looks like a sweet spot.
Yeah, second time I fished that spot.
Has everything, -nice long current seam and eddies, deeper water nearby, rocky bottom, tree lay-downs.
First time was on the other side, this side is better.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Raptor,
Ive been eye-ing the route 52 area. I work in Bolingbrook and live by Utica and pass by there every day. I want to learn a bit about the dugage in that area. If you ever have time, id like to tag along and wade some spots with someone. Catch and release only for me. Gear is always in the trunk.

In fact, I was there at the dam today, checking it out. Lots of green goo that kept my jig and twister camo-ed out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New online here ... nice fish...was out for an hour as well on the 23rd tossing white twisters between hillside and gartner.. skunked pretty much.. maybe get out again here this sunday the 27th weather permitting. stumbled across this but great forum here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow...being a new guy couldn't figure out how to reply.. sorry for the delayed respnse..another senior moment ... but thanks for the welcome and response...blah blah blah...but this area has been good to me (and my son) ...but haven't been out much yet this year... plan'n on this sunday afternoon ...i mainly work the river walk area south of burger king...then south to pioneer park...no wading recently .. always the same stuff..twister tails, little floaters... hope to do good... and same to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts