ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chance to get out for an hour or so yesterday. Caught 3 channel cats; 2 fiddlers (boy, they're pretty !) and a solid 20-incher. Fish were biting pretty good as long as the wind was blowing (right into my face, of course !) Once the wind stopped, so did the fish.

It's a start !

·
Registered
142 Posts
I fish the fox now and then in the summertime, do pretty good drifting livers. What did you catch them kitties on? Ya think it's too early to start fishing livers?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That day the fish were caught on a single crawler, hooked once thru the nose, on a #6 hook. No weight, light line.
The day before I hooked but lost a few, throwing a Panther-Martin spinner (thanks Adam !)
I'm not much of a liver guy, but it must put out more scent than a crawler, no matter how cold the water.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nice Frostie...

I don't see many people doing it, but drifting a crawler weightless is deadly for cats! A guy i've met in Elgin uses this technique and does very, very well.

·
Registered
882 Posts
ElPescador said:
whats with the name change fish e water guy?
I didn't necessarily dislike the old username just decided it was time to change it. I noticed a couple other members have changed recently and thought why not me . I work as a water treatment operator so I guess this one better represents what I do (besides fish!) Sorry, I know it's a little confusing :)18

·
Registered
151 Posts
water treatment eh? how bout Ed Norton? lol
i've been thinkin bout changin mine too. most people don't know what it is and those that do pm me in spanish. i have better baitcasting abilities than i do a grasp of the spanish language and that aint sayin much.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Re: fiddler?

timcnelson said:
What's a fiddler :)5 :)5 :)5
A baby/small channel catfish.
They are pretty with black spots all over them which they lose as they grow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know it's kind of expensive bait, but shrimp works well for cats too. Besides, if you get hungry, you have something to snack on...LOL...bring a cooler and some cocktail sauce. Floating minnows with scent on them works great for cats too, besides, you get bonus fish--which are the catfish ;) I used to fish all artificial in the Fox. I didn't really believe in/or want to use live bait. Not anymore!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts