ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been to Braidwood before, But I am planning on going out there in a couple of weeks (as soon as I get a day off of work). Could anyone give me general directions from the West Suburbs, and general Shore fishing information. I don't want to steal anyone's spot, just some general advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
To get there is simple go south on Interstate 55 to the braidwood exit. (Exit will be on the left.) Its about a half hour south of 355.

When you exit 55, go straight for 3 stop signs. At the third stop sign you will notice your in Braidwood. Make a left turn and you go about 1/4 mile and you will see Cemetary Rd. (there is a big school on the corner. Make a right down Cemetary Rd. and go all the way to the end which is the entrance to the lake. Before you get to the end you will see a sign that says it is a dead end, keep going and you will see the entrance.

As far as fishing tips go, it depends on what you will be fishing for and whether you will be using live or artificials. What are you looking to catch?

·
Registered
4 Posts
On the south end, angle out right 45 degrees about 200 yds you'll find a sunken stump field. It's hit or miss with the crappies there and it's probably too late. I've caught a dozen 8-10 inchers one day and the next nada. (that particular time I didn't keep any). For gills hit any of the coves, but you'll probably catch a mess of catfish, which is ok 'cause they're finally getting big. Bass hunt for, pitch all the banks and points just like you would anywhere else. On the large flat on the south end, I've done well for smallies trolling around the hard to find humps, mostly near the no access zone. Nows the time before the water reaches 100 degrees on that side, then it's catfish, catfish, and more catfish. If you like catfish there's a 60 foot hole on that side, it's always full...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.