ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the forcast of continuing rain and snow, for safety reasons Bob has decided to postpone the shoot and do it next Sat. the 19th. I have called all who were on the 15 boat list who have not already said they were not coming and let them know.

Weather should be good, and we will be doubling up on the door prizes to make up for any problems this may have caused anyone. Weather looks great for next Sat. in the 70s.

G

·
I didn't get a call Ed. May or may not make it. Will be in K.C., Mo. on Thursday and Friday for sure. May have to stay thru Sat. if the kids team gets to semis. If not I could be back Fri night and then it's a go. Glad to see sanity has returned. Cold, snow, wind, rain do not make for a fun time.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
We probably won't be able to make this one. I'm working next weekend, Marc's fishing a bass tourney on the big lake and the rest of my team is boatless. Sorry, I really wanted to do this one.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fishinnut said:
I didn't get a call Ed. May or may not make it. Will be in K.C., Mo. on Thursday and Friday for sure. May have to stay thru Sat. if the kids team gets to semis. If not I could be back Fri night and then it's a go. Glad to see sanity has returned. Cold, snow, wind, rain do not make for a fun time.
I just called the people who were going to make the shoot Joe, didnt call you, JP or spinnerman as you indicated you were not going previously.
It wouldnt have been comfortable at all for the shoot, but we have to try and get them in and help the guys who are running it even if the weather is bad. A club shoot for a few guys who are easily contacted and informed about a change is one thing, easy to change. But when we schedule a shoot months ahead of time, and advertise it to over 500 people on our email lists as well as any newspaper or web site advertising, its a little hard to call it off a couple days before the shoot. This one was not bad as we were only able to have 15 boats on this lake and were able to let everyone know whats up.....we hope everyone. But even so, Bob will be out there at the launch tonight to make sure if someone shows up they will know why we were not there. (and thanks to Bob for spending his sat. eve. in the cold and rain.)
Hope to get a bunch of boats out there to support this BAI Shoot Bob and Judd are running for us! :)2

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far we have......
teams....
ejoe
Carptrek
Tubes
Strelnikov
carptrek
herpin (I think??)
Maybe fishinnut
and 3 teams from Indy

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
I will be there and have a spot open in the boat. Still not complete, but today I reworked everything I did yesterday :eek: After mounting all 6 of the 150 watt lights, I had problems with the little generator, which was borrowed anyway,,, Well now I own a brand new 3500 watt model, so I replaced 4 of the 150's with 500's and will also have a couple of 250's on the sides. Wanted to make it out tonight for a test run, but just ran out of time (had to watch the Red Wings this afternoon).. but by tomorrow she will be up and running! Brad, pm me if you're looking for a ride!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Team HBC will be there.

We're still in for the shoot; we'll just be shooting with 2 instead of 3-- which will be better. We shot with two last week and it worked out well. And for everyone that misunderstood my previous post, the "logs" that we shot last week were 45 and 40 pound buffalo, not logs :eek: Yes, they were huge! We looking forward to meeting you guys, and hopefully, you guys will come down to our shoots near Lafayette, IN.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Let us know more about your shoots, I got my Indiana license and some serious vacation this summer so have bow will travel when possible.

·
Registered
292 Posts
HBC- Indiana Shoots

Hey JP My day shoot is posted here on the website. It's called the HBC. I also have a 3-man night shoot in August. If you'll be at the Fish Lake shoot this weekend I'll talk to you. I'll post the info. on the night shoot later this year. I've also been talking to Joe about getting another shoot with the guys up there and my crew down here. We have a lot of shooting waters and a big variety of fish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ed,
I quess the Lake Michigan shoot is off. Let me know if you want to try for another day or just cancel the event. May 3rd is open.
Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Weather is looking perfect for this weekend!
Ill call you bout the LM shoot nick. We were told by the DNR at the Cabelas show that it wasnt legal to hold an "official" shoot there. Ill call you tomorrow....

·
Registered
830 Posts
I've got enough sick time to take the weekend off but my buddy has prior commitments. Therefor I will be without a boat. Anybody got room for one more? Will split gas

·
Registered
27 Posts
evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry about Mother Nature boys ............
This weekend will be good (hopefully)

There have been some big fish seen and we hgope everyone will get a large buff or carp if it stays warm maybe some gar

I know Iam personally looking forward to see all .
this will be a good time .

Bob

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
herpin1579 said:
I've got enough sick time to take the weekend off but my buddy has prior commitments. Therefor I will be without a boat. Anybody got room for one more? Will split gas
Jon and I were originally planning to team up with Brad, but it looks like he's not going to make it. You're welcome on my boat if you'd like.

On second thought, only if you can attract the big ones like Brad can! :-D

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Weather still looks good :)2 Im really looking forward to shooting this big fish lake......

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Couple of questions... Are there any maps of this lake? And how big is it, do I need the big motor, or just run the trolling motor? It's nice not to have the added weight of the gas motor if it's not needed, but I don't want to run the electric for a mile either. Any help?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Tom I asked the same questions about the map. Apparently no one has one, but I went on Google earth or Terra server and got an aerial and zoomed in. You could see the shallower areas of the lake by the color changes. That's the best I can do for you on that. It's actually 3 lakes interconnected so I'd suggest the big motor but maybe one of the guys who have actually shot the lake will pipe in.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts