ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What time is everyone meeting? Do we need to bring anything?

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Im going to bring some dogs, Bob has the grill and some pop taken care of, we need some paper plates, towels ect..... side dishes if ya like.....and COFFEE!!! Gonna be a chilly one, but what the heck! One big buff might win the whole thing. Tough conditions call for tough bowfishermen.........

with a warm car they can run to now and then :lol:
Should be a good time regardless of the weather.....our first shoot of what looks to be the biggest season yet :)2

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Sorry guys, team blackwater is gonna back out of this one. Too much money in gas and such to risk the drive and possibly not be able to shoot.

We definitely want to check out this lake though, can we shoot it anytime or do we need special permission or stickers?

Bill, I'll have to let you check out the Eagle some other time.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problem

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
will be able to shoot, but might be a little cold! they took most of the rain out of the forcast. If the Wis. guys can shoot 50miles north of here.....so can we! But.....we now have a spot open if anyone else would like to be nuts and go bowfishing in 15 degree wind chills. Like I said.....the cars always warm :-D

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I've been debating this for about a day. I took the boat out last weekend for the first time this season. I fished for a little bit under the lights. I was able to get shooting, but I wasn't happy with my set up. I was working to improve it. I looked at this as a practice run. It's just too far and too cold when I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be. I'm going to stick closer to home until I'm better prepared. Good luck guys. See you at Three Rivers on the 26th. BTW, that ramp is hard to find in the dark.

That frees up another slot.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Well....it might be cold and we might not see alot of fish, but we do the shoots mainly to get togeather with some friends try and hit some fish and have a good time. Im still looking forward to the shoot, going to bring an elect coffee pot and plug it in the genny. We will miss you guys........

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am still in. I deer hunt for hours at a time in some pretty nasty weather in late december and january you just have to dress for it. The first time we went there last year we had rain and high water conditions and we still shot fish. The weather is calling for chilly conditions but the rain seems to be leaving the area by then.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Everyone else is still in Bill (I think).....talked to a bunch today to see if they were still coming. Mike is bringing his 10 ft boat out there....... PLUS!!! I got this tennis ball throwing slingshot I use while playing fetch with the dogs......you should see how far it launches these life like rubber spiders and snakes :lol: Ill bet I can hit a 14 ft boat from 40yds away :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am bringing the venison hotdogs to trick you into eating venison.

G

·
Sorry Ed, we won't be making the trip. My partner pulled out and the neighbor kid I was going to take wouldn't last an hour with the weather that's predicted for Saturday. We'll get out to one of the shoots soon. Have fun and stay WARM!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
I've about got my boat ready and could have probably made this shoot, but I too figured why tow a boat 100 miles if the shooting is not going to be great. Why not consider postponing this shoot for a week or two and maybe just shoot at 3 rivers this weekend for a fun get together? Just a thought..

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Tubes77 said:
Why not consider postponing this shoot for a week or two .
We need permits for this area Tom. Its not at a private boat launch, so we have to get permits from the state. I think Tom said it took about a month as he handled getting them for this shoot and Lasalle. But if you want you can shoot it at any time, just not a tournament. I think it weeds up pretty fast too though. When it gets warmer you can come out there with me one day on the new ultra cool bowfishing boat Ill have in 3 weeks 6days :-D

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
I guess that answers my question then! I didn't think about the permit side, or that alot of guys will be coming from over that way. Well good luck, you never know, maybe the weather will be better than they say :)2

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
There are a couple of issues here.

First, these shoots by necessity must be planned well in advance, without knowing what the weather is going to be like.

Second, the weather can change at the last minute, so what appears to be a washout may very well not be.

Third, I like going on organized shoots because I know that if I have a problem with my boat or motor someone will be there to help me out vs. going out by myself where if I have a problem I am SOL. So if there is a club shoot planned and it is not cancelled I will definitely be there if I possibly can.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
You're absolutely right and now I kinda feel like a sissy for recommending it :oops: :oops: :oops:

I may make this yet, my only real issue now is that I have to work Sunday and would only be able to stay until midnight or so... still might be worth it as I am "jonesing" to get out....

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I believe it starts at nine and by 12 or 1 am people might be ready to take a break anyway. The weather doesn't look that bad anymore. Rain is still possible but the wind will be down. Temp show it will eb around 36 so without the wind it won't be so bad.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts