ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still havent slept yet, so I hope this makes some sense! :lol:

We had a great time at Fish Lake last night. Its not a big numbers lake but it sure is a big fish lake. We all met and started the night off with some BBQ`d meat! Then pulled tickets for the prize table before hitting the water. Lower fish lake was pretty slow but upper held some monsters!
pgartoon (Bob) and Judd won the shoot with 10 fish. But he only needed these two buffs, one a 37lb smallmouth and one a 33lb bigmouth. He is not holding these fish out to the camera to make them look bigger!!

Dustin and Jared took second with 10 fish , highlighted by this 34lb bigmouth buff. A heck of a fish!

herpin (Mike) took home the big carp award with this 17lb common.

And this guy took the big gar award with this 44in. longnose.

Lots of smaller gar, commons and buffs were also harvested. I personally saw some buffs that would be over 25, but didnt get a shot. More pics and stuff to come, but I need a nap! Was great seeing and BSing with everyone.

·
Registered
830 Posts
We went back through mud lake and found some MONSTER fish. Had two buffs that were as big if not bigger than Bobs cruise by but Nate and I were so stunned to see such big fish that lost focus and our arrows fell off the rest. Nailed two more commons about the same size as my big one. Also missed a nice gar that was pushing 4ft. Saw lots more fish after everyone left but they were spooky.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
My genny died not long after midnight but we got 2 commons (and missed a bunch of others). Bill got one and Jon got the other. Thanks very much to Bob and Judd for taking Jon out on the airboat after our short night!:)2

I came up empty handed but took home Dustin and Jared's bigmouth buff (thanks guys!:)2 ). It was an interesting learning experience cleaning such a big fish. I put a lot of meat in the freezer but the fish was a female and the egg sack was huge and full of eggs! Also there was a thick layer of fatty tissue on the side of the fish along the mud vein that I had to trim off. I haven't seen this on smaller fish, I've only had to trim off the fatty tissue on the belly of the fish.

Nice gar Ejoe! I heard it almost turned you into a soprano! :-D

Also thanks to Bill for coming along with us. :)2

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank god they have short teeth Evan!! BTW, Ill get more pics up tomorrow, but second place went Dustin and Jarret, and third went to Mike and Nate!!! I have BAI 1st-3rd award certificates for all as well as big fish awards, and BAA 1st-3rd as well as big fish awards. Dustin and Jarret left w/o their winnings! Bob will get it out to them. We also forgot to do our 50/50 drawing. Its OK though......being a low $$$ club has its benifits. Dont have to do treasury reports or wonder where the money goes missing if we dont have any ;) :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK.....here are a few more pics from our first shoot of the season! We lost a few boats this week due to it having to be re-scheduled but still had about 28 people show up to this fun first time shoot! You have to work for your fish here but seeing the monsters this lake holds, its worth it just knowing you got a chance at a 40lb buff or a 4ft+ gar. After seeing the big fish brought in a few of us just had to go back out to try and find one!

ScottK volunteered to be the official club grill master this year! He has purchased a nice table top grill for the shoots and a portable table. And the dogs were pretty good too!

As always our prize table was second to none!

Bill was the big winner at it picking up the new retriever pro reel!

Judd grabbed up the 1 year subscription to airboating magazine....

And here are a few more of the guys with their stuff!

And Mike.....how were you working your trolling motor battery the other night?? :lol:

Ill post some more up later.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts