ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I went out for about an hour to a local lake in Aurora. The wind was blowing something fierce, but once again the chatterbait did the trick. Only one bite but it was a quality fish ;) I think Fishin D, Ed, and Walleye71 might be familar with this particular body of water 8:)

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Neat Matt, getting fish early kinda gives you the feeling that you're getting a jump on things doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Nice fish Matt.
Looks like you found that tree I was talking about.
Those fish are huge for that body of water. Looks to be over 4lbs.
Nice job.

G

·
8:) Nice fish....... Looks like the one I released Tuesday.

shallow or deep?

The fish we found Tuesday were on a woodpile in shallow water near deepwater.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
walleye_71 said:
Nice fish Matt.
Looks like you found that tree I was talking about.
Those fish are huge for that body of water. Looks to be over 4lbs.
Nice job.
Not quite 4 lbs I think but it was a little tank. I should of taken a side shot as its girth was amazing for a 16-17'' fish. It was thicker then a spring Delavan bass which you don't see too often.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I hear ya.
I couldn't believe the quality of the fish we caught last Sat.
over there.
All the fish we caught reminded me of Delavan. And with it being so early in the year, I can't imagine how big they'll be come summer.

·
Registered
489 Posts
walleye_71 said:
. Looks to be over 4lbs.
Nice job.
That is because he is cheating and holding the fish as far out (close to the camera) as he can..... I on the other hand, never do that... :roll: :p

Nice Fish Matt. Does this body of water have a hill nearby? I can't tell from your photo... ;)

D

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes there is a little hill nearby ;) I am pretty good at turning a 3lber into a 4, but I learned from the best :p

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Nice fish Matt, Can't wait to get out there and hit that place with you, when our schedules allow.
sent you a pm

·
Registered
489 Posts
Cool, I may have to check that place out one of these days :p . Rumor has it that there are lots of lily pads in the summer time..... :)2

Now if I can only find someone who would want to go with, in a nice comfortable seat in the prowler, who does not mind lipping my bass for me..... :p

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:)36 Over here, over here!!!!!! I think Big Ed might have lipper's elbow from landing all your hawgs last year. If he ever needs a day to ice it I'd happily join you. I'm also planning on bringing my boat out there too a few times and will have open seating available most of the time too.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Cool, we'll have to hit it together. I am still just learning that body of water, but I know a couple of good spots on it, but could certainly stand to learn a bit more. Heck, This past Tuesday was the first time I was on it, with an actual depth finder (Ed's tin Can). Usually, I have no electronics, just grit and instinct! Though I am about to change that, and get a sonar on the prowler.

I go sometimes during the week, and sometimes on weekend mornings. Weekday schedule is flexible, as I work at home, and many times can shoot out whenever I want to. Weekends are almost always first thing in the AM. Many times Ed can't go with me, for one of these reasons:

1. He is working - What a laffer! :lol:
2. He might be firing cannons over lake MI. WTF?
3. His thumb is too raw from lipping my bass during our previous outing... ;) This is the most common occurence... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll PM ya with my contact info.

D

G

·
You did say you have a full time job right Darrin? I hope you don't have to resort to comedy to earn a living.... :roll:

:)3

:p

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
FishinMatt said:
Yes there is a little hill nearby ;) I am pretty good at turning a 3lber into a 4, but I learned from the best :p

Hey, I missed this one.
Nice Matt, but your camera seems to make the fish look a little bigger.
J/K.
Nice burn!!!

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HaHa, was wondering when you were going to rib me back. I think all the fish this weekend will be legitmate 4's 8:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Yep! I agree, save some for me. :lol:
I won't be up there till Sunday.
I hope they're wrong about the wind.
The whole weekend they're calling for over 20mph gusts.
Get out the long underwear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts