ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me adn some buddies are home for spring break and are going ice fishing tommrow. leaning towards beck lake because of location. would be up for any lake that has decent fishing in the glenview area. ne ways whats up with the lake anyone doing any good out on beck? wentout there today and saw one fishermen out there and another with his kid heading out onto the lake. talked to the man with his kid for alil bit but didnt feel like venturing across the lake to talk 2 the other man with out having fishing equipment. anyways if ne one has some info it be great thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Beck has been very disappointing to me this year and last. Stopped out yesterday to talk to one of the regular guys I see out there. Still nada. Hate blaming it on the weed kill, but something has gotta give. Still caught some good largies in the fall. Can't find them through the ice anymore. Can't tell ya the last time I saw a pike. Saw some good green grass along the east shore south of the inlet in 5-7 FOW.

Good luck if you head out there, let me know how you do. I was hoping for one more trip next weekend. Will have to see how the weather holds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ended up with only 2 blugills and one 5inch bass through the ice after fishin for 4 hrs fished all alonog the north east side of island deep and shallow. didnt see anyone out there until we started to leave at 4 and he just started fishing right by the boat launch. ice was 11 inches thick in the morning but by the end of the afternoon it was 9 inches thick. still should have a couple days of ice even with the warm weather. thinking bout trying some other lakes in a 30 min drive radius of glenview. if anyone has ne ideas on where to go it be great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts