ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck on anything in dupage county? i have been out to Mallard a few times and havent even got a bite. does anyone think that the trout fishing this weekend and blackwell, west branch, or wooddale will be any good? what should i use? i have never fished for the trout before and would like to catch some. i am planning on throwing them back. are they worth eating or are they too small? which lake will be the best? less crowded? also does anyone know when that Busse tourny is going to be? i remember reading about it on the old board but havent heard much about it lately. whats up with that? please post any info that you are willing to share. i am always open for new knowledge. thanx!!
cpr

·
Registered
4 Posts
:)18 Its early to have any real success in Dupage county forest preserves. For trout fishing try a wax worm under a bobber or Berkly power nuggets. If your going to be using a second pole try throwing a small spoon chrome or chrome/red in color. The best lake in Dupage for this is West branch. Keep your fish the do make good filets especially the one's you catch out of West branch the seam to average about 12 inches. Get their early (5am)if your going opening day. Good Luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
[/quote] :)13

The water temperature is a major factor on
how the fish are biting. Water temps are only 41F right now. Most fish species are still inactive or a very very slow bite.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I fish Blackwell for these trout. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking your limit of five fish for the dinner table. These trout are easy pickings. They taste good enough, although I'd prefer some crappie or bluegill, any fresh fish fried up in a pan of butter is going to be tasty. Clean em and cook em as soon after catching them as possible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Guys, what is wrong? Don't you know that Blackwell is stocked with trout so they can be caught and kept. The DNR does not want them throw back. Trout can not live year around in that lake. Duh!! This isn't Colorado. After a few weeks, ALL the trout will be gone. I rarely keep any fish but them trout are a YUMMY exception. I'll be waiting Sat. at 4a.m.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts