ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out with good old Ed (ejsusmc). He finally took me out in his tin can, after god only knows how many times I have taken him out in the prowler! I'd say about 75-100 more trips and we can call it even Ed! ;)

Anyhow, we hit the water at a Forest Preserve at just about dinner time. Winds were like a Tsunami, and the water was almost capping. We were only able to fish for about 80 minutes, and boat control was tough. With the heavy winds blowng north-northeast, we decided to fish the northern most shoreline areas. Found some wood under the surface, and I threw my jig & pig up in there......tick....pow! Fish on!!! Fat, and just under 19". Another ho hum fish for me..... :p

Poor Ed, he went to bass school last week, and it carried over into this week! :lol: ;) After that we caught a few more normal fish, and just like that, we had to get off the water... :cry:

Water temp was 51 degrees on the southern end, and the northern end was at least 53. That plus the wind direction I think spelled the solution to our success. Had we more time, I think we would have plucked a few more big ones out of there (well, I would have anyway ;) )

Thanks for taking me out Ed. Good time as always! Hope to get out with you again soon. Prowler, Tin Can, or on shore with a beer or two.. ;)

D

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
LOL
I'm gonna guess you enjoy bustin' his chops :)20

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All in good fun. :-D

Ed is good folk, and a fine fisherman. He lets me know when he gets the upper hand on me, so I am merely returning the favor... ;)

D

G

·
I always have to let Darrin catch more than me, otherwise I'd feel like I was taking candy from a baby.....

Yeah, I don't believe it either... :roll:

Good job out there D. The winds were brutal, I could tell you were cold.

Can't believe the waters' already over 50 degrees! Time to start flinging chatterbaits and spinnerbaits my friend, before the weeds take over!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did I hear Spinnerbaits? Oh yeah!

Woo Hoo!
I always have to let Darrin catch more than me, otherwise I'd feel like I was taking candy from a baby.....

Yeah, I don't believe it either... :roll:
You are a bad, bad man! :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts