ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)15 Fished along Inland North Wall then trolled over to Buffington Harbor and had one on that came off finally caught 1 3lb. Coho on a jointed red shad rap. Nice morning to be out but slim pickings for this kid. Nothing on doggers and flies.
Water temp 41 degs. and water clarity was cloudy. Maybe the Muskie will cooperate at Lake Webster on Sunday?

Jim

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dont feel bad brother. Fished out of the ditch today and ran everywhere and tried everything. Baileys like chocolate milk and not running, Water dirty in the port and not a hit in there, even at the steel mill hot water discharge, trolled the mouth of the port and again nada. Tried the mouth of the ditch but had to go to about 35 to 40 ft to find clear water and again nothing. Ran to the gary light and trolled and got one on a jointed rapala and got 2 browns casting the discharge for a total of 3 fish for 8 hours work. Thought we did bad till we talked with everyone else guess it was tough all over today.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Striper,

I talked to a few guys while pulling the boat out and they expressed the same difficult conditions as me. I said to my buddy that maybe we should have gone to the port, but according to your report, I guess not. Water warming though, that's good.

G

·
we fished out of pastick on wednesday also, 5 nice size coho, all caught on j-11's. most fish caught by the mouth of bufington harbor, two caught right off the point with the beat up old red lighthouse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts