ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
It does look pretty cool....

But look at where all the testimonials of BIG BASS are from and where the videos are being filmed. FL.. CA.. South Africa!!

Its is marketed as a trophy bass lure, but the abundance of bass that size in the places these fish were caught (in the south) can be caught with the same consistency without using the Snake.

For $40... I think ill stick to buzzfrogs, floating worms, and bass assassins.

·
Registered
450 Posts
ladukie3. for our geographic location you would be better off using an eel type lure for the larger bass, strippers, pike and muskies. there are many 'snake' & 'eel' lures listed on the internet for allot less than that site. 1knot2go.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ya wanna buy some Flying lures and Helicopter lures too? :lol: :lol: Did'nt Bill Dance or someone have something like the fishing snake out about 20 yrs.ago?(no, not the dancin' eel, which I'm suprised to see is still getting airplay) It had a foam rubber head with a rubber body ,about 10" long stretched out. It might have been Doug Hannons' creation also.

·
Registered
275 Posts
not sure if it floats, sorry, but i absolutely guarantee you can find a floating 10 inch worm online.

then again, i'm not trying to discourage you from buying the snakes. its 40 bux, not that its cheap, but at least it probably wont send you to the poor house. if you want them, get them.

trust me, i spend a few k a year on bass fishing stuff that i have no practical application for. i'm a 'lure switcher', always convinced that SOMETHING is catching fish that day, when in reality if you stuck with the shad colored crank you started with you'd would probaby have fish in the boat, instead of switching 15 times!

buy em and throw em, if they work i'll buy some off of you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha

you are absolutely right

fishslayer said:
trust me, i spend a few k a year on bass fishing stuff

buy em and throw em, if they work i'll buy some off of you!
thats why i originally posted this i was hopeing that somewhere there is that As seen on TV!! store where i could get a very similar yet cheaper product. (i'm cheap)

I was hoping that you would buy them for me ;)

I'll have to go to bass pro or likewise and look for something

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
There used to be an "As seen on tv store "in the Louis Joliet mall or whatever they call it now. But they either went out of buisiness or relocated.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
AT the Harper show some body was selling them. If I remember correctly, they were not that expensive. I almost bought one. If I see another somewhere I just may do it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
What if one fused-by length and width a couple of power worms-oh the hell with it! I'll buy a few!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a snake lure very similiar. On mine the head is separate and you guide the line through it and tie on a large hook with attached mister twister type worm. The head floats so the lure stays on top when retrieved. Caught some nice bass and pike with this lure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts