ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually fish the Fox Chain, Chip Flowage, Delavan and Fox river. Never enough, but as much as I can. I'm not sure if I should go w/ the affordable Eagle 320 fish finder, or spend more for something "really good", whatever really good is. Color, side view?
I'm new at this. Thanks.
Greg

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
The 320 is a great starter unit. Decent enough features. Be sure to send in the warranty info. I went through 4 units before I gave up.

Now is 334C color with internal gps. Not bad. Of course would have loved one of those lx models.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i've had an eagle 320 for a few years...never had a problem...i'm on the water over 100 days a year...it's a great unit...bass pro has a one day sale on them for $120...not sure of the date...
the eagle 320 is the exact same unit as the lowrance x96....just $50 to $80 cheaper....

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Chops,

What do you expect from your unit? If you want the basics in a clear, crisp unit at an affordable price, the 320 is the way to go. I've used 320s for the last several years and have been very pleased. However, I don't really demand too much from my units. Good fishing.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a Fishmark 480 and a Sea Finder 480. Both are outstanding units for the price. I originally bought my 480 as a temporary sonar to use until I could find the fancy unit I really wanted. I was so impressed, I instead bought the dual frequency version for my dash and use the 480 on the front of my boat and for ice fishing. Both units are the same as the 320, just better screen resolution for a few more bucks.

If you're new to sonars, you can't go wrong with that unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts