ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you've never gone float tubing, I'd say start out with a cheap one and the most basic gear to see if you really like it. You've got to be in good shape for all of that finning! If you find that you love it, get yourself one of the expensive primo models and the best gear to enjoy, and keep your first one as a loaner to turn friends onto tubing. That's what I did!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Tubing is not for everyone. Its a real hard workout and lots of folks aren't in shape for it. Some people don't enjoy hanging in the water. And you got to really watch those hooks when casting lures!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was considering on whether or not to buy a float tube as well. It looks fun. Similar to swimming in the ocean with the potential shark, has anyone ever encountered a snapping turtle while float tubing? The lake I would use it in has some big ones. (fish and Turtles) :)27 As a kid I saw a neighbor catch one. It was freakin mean and snapped a thick tree branch in its jaws real easily.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Drum- I don't think snappers would come after something that big unless your toes were hanging out. Water snakes are a different story. They can sometimes be aggressive. One came up to our boat, maybe trying to steal our minnows, and we had to smack the thing with the oar. This one was 3' long and all black.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Minnow on 2002-05-03 16:45 ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.