ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going with my family to Hilton Head Island this summer. I would like to take my first stab at flyfishing saltwater. Has anyone ever flyfished Hilton Head Island? I know nothing about it. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks, Scud

·
Registered
44 Posts
From what I hear this actually is quite a bit of oppurtunity down there...a store titled Bay Street Outfitters, is around the area, and I am sure would love to fill you in on some details and patterns...from my exp. I would include in your box, multiple clouser patterns, predominately chartruese and white/ white and white, and olive/white or even blue/white, tied mostly on a #2 and #4 with also multiple poppers, and decievers, again your best bet would probably be to contact an outfitters down there...or check out the numerous other fly fishing boards for that area, such as http://www.wmi.org/boards/salt_flyfishing/t1094.htm, hopefully you hook into some good fish, I hear the tailing reds are unbelievable to catch on a spring tide...Good Luck and Tight Lines Y'all!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Scud - I'm new to the board, and saw that your post is pretty old. If you haven't already made the trip there, I can help you with a guide, etc - my parents moved there a few years back, and I've fished there quite a few times over that time...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts