ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Disregard, not sure where I got that from but it is misinformation like Jeff says. I'm sure a border state whose regs I've been looking at allows it, thought is was Indiana but it's not. I've been checking out alot of regs in recent months hoping to plan a trip somewhere new. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
292 Posts
legal fish

Alright guys, legal fish are: all suckers (except the redhorse), stonerollers, gar, all carp, shiners, shad, and bowfin/dogfish. Day or night, this is it. Night bowfishing on rivers was just made legal on January 1, 2007!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Weezer said:
I know there are some states that allow other fish than rough fish, but not Indiana.

Have to say I have never seen a catfish while I have been bowfishing though. I think I have seen everyother kind of though.
Jon, Carpslayer, and I saw lots of catfish in an inlet at the Fish Lake shoot in Indiana, including a monster whose size we couldn't believe. Unfortunately couldn't shoot them.

Last year I saw a catfish in the Fox River in Illinois. Had to pass that one by too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
legal fish

It's the ruby red redhorse that is protected and you can also shoot the barbel, which looks like a streamlined sucker with a pointy nose. We have a ton of them in our rivers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.