ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was in at a sporting goods store near me and we got to talking about bowfishing and they told me about a spot. They said it had some good sized carp and gar. I hurried and got my bow and went down to the spot. It was awesome. It was back in a low area and since our lake is high right now its flooded and the gar and carp are everywhere. Turned out it was more big Buff's than carp but thats fine with me. I got my 1st gar ever and ended the day with 5 gar, 2 Buff, and 1 carp. The best part of the day was when I shot 2 gar on the same arrow at 1 time! That ever happen to anyone else? I was pumped! The biggest buffalo down there was probably close to 30#. My buddy got probably a 20# and I got a 15#. It was a great way to start the season though. Another buddy lost his arrow in a gar and I ended up shooting it later and getting his arrow back.

Two gar on 1 arrow

The rest of the pictures are here.
http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk11 ... owfishing/[/img]

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Nice shootin Lowell :)2 Good sized fish too. I think I like gar bowfishing better than any other kind around here.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I love shooting gar. I also like it better than carp or buffs. Actually after I got my 1st gar I went for strictly gar only. And my 2nd shot at a gar was went I got 2 on 1 arrow. I could have shot big buffs all day long if I had wanted to but I went for gar instead until late in the evening. Then I went for buff and carp again. Can't wait to get out there again. Little chilly today here. Supposed to be real nice this week though! Just gotta get my boat done then I will really be set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts