ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
<font color="#000000">Pat, that would be the place to go...along with Olson or any smaller lake that WILL warm up fast. Today high's in the mid-70's will get the bass moving! If the Kish stay's high (due for more T-storms and rain tonight) looks like the smaller lakes will be the best bet! Fishski</font>

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's great advice Fishski. I checked out the Kish in DeKalb County and it looked pretty bad. I decided to fish a small pond on my lunch break instead. Armed with a micro strike king spinnerbait in white tipped with a 2" white powerbait, I managed 6 largemouth bass. Best lunch break I've had this year. All the fish hit on the wind blown side of the pond which also happened to be the north end. I went with the micro spinnerbait because this pond was stocked last spring after a major fish kill. It was nice to see the bass in the 11-12" range already.

·
Registered
49 Posts
<font color="#000000">Now that's what I call a great lunch! Seems like plan B (small lake) is the one to go with this weekend! More rain again last night, however, NOAA is calling for sun and mid-60's Sat and 70's Sunday...</font>That might get the Kish down a little.

Fishski

1 - 4 of 4 Posts