ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was lucky to get a day off during the week and hit the Chain for a few hours with RumnutRich. 38 degrees with a stiff east n/e wind made for a very cold morning but the bite was solid made us forget a bit about the weather.Tried to take some on water pics but my digital camera does not work well on the batteries in cold temps:)3

Nice solid Gills were extracted. Great time this morning:)2

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Some great eats!

I haven't fished this time of year in a LONG time and this Spring is wacky! Question - any idea on water temps and have the gills moved in the shallows already then? Going up to ACL next weekend and want to target some gills.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Water temps are in the low 50's. The fish I am finding are in shoreline areas on main lakes and especially marinas on main lakes. Hope this helps you out artek :)2
Yes it does help - thank you! I thought it was a bit early still and the gills are probably working their way through cover into the shallows to get ready soon here. Out at ACL I should start seeing those "tires" in the shallows in another week or two if the warm weather predicted keeps on keeping on. Thanks for the info!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.