ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will say that fishing for crappie on Fox Lake, WI has been difficult, aka Fonzie must not have taken his FloMax meds. and had to cancel our two week planned trip He was pretty stoked about the ice fishing excursion, but since I haven't produced the quality fish that is known on Fox Lake, it was too great of risk that he might have run out of his Depends for the2.5 hour trip now that he's nearing 50. . Anyway, if anyone wants to make the trip for some crappie, it has been slow, but it's better than watching the Bears lose. I have the entire week off,so if anyone wants to partner up, at least I know the access point to avoid thin ice (12") and and a place to spend the night.
The ice is thick...I was out there Friday.

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Thanks for sharing the 411, 71:)2 Ice fishing has been known on many occasions to kick you in your tailpipe more than one would like.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
I will say that fishing for crappie on Fox Lake, WI has been difficult, aka Fonzie must not have taken his FloMax meds. and had to cancel our two week planned trip He was pretty stoked about the ice fishing excursion, but since I haven't produced the quality fish that is known on Fox Lake, it was too great of risk that he might have run out of his Depends for the2.5 hour trip now that he's nearing 50. .

Wow, walleye_71, that stings...
When I mentioned to you that you should start posting on CLF again, I didn't mean tirades directed at me...:eek::eek::eek:

Seriously, we'll knock em' dead soon. It just that a 3 hour drive {for me} each way for an iffy crappie bite does not sound too enticing. Now if I was a single guy such as yourself, things would be different.

We'll talk later. :)2

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just ribbing you for all the times you gave me crap. I thought it was pretty funny though... Maybe now you'll place nice when you report on our trips. :)

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Don't know if walleye_71 will return to this thread, but the bite has picked up on Fox
He met up with a local guide on the ice who gave some good tips...

There are 12" crappie available. Mobility is key...
If I didn't have to work all this week, I'd be going.

If you have some ice experience, and are willing to finesse fish with 1 or 2 lb line, send walleye_71 a pm to organize a trip. He has access points and lodging already figured out.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Nice to hear about the rapid change of events in terms of the bite.

Whoa, with the bite back on I assume are you heading up there soon?

71, look forward to your report :)2

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Yep fluke, he'll be up there again in a few days. :)2
Whether or not he posts some pics of his outing depends on his mood, {which can be as fickle as a teen-aged girl's}...:)21

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
It just that a 3 hour drive {for me} each way for an iffy crappie bite does not sound too enticing.
LMAO, An ice fishing bite can change by the hour. 71, Fonz never was an ice guy so he needs a "guarantee :lol:" before he goes. Don't hate it him for that, where he not know better :lol: F'kn A, use guys are funny :)2

71 POST YOUR REPORT BRO :)2 FORGET ABOUT POPS:)3

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice Glenn. You would still be using 10lbs. power pro if I didn't spank you on the ice with the light line. I don't know if I'll be heading up there by myself again, now that the ice is probably over a foot, there will be twice as many people out with their trucks on Fox. Who knows, with these cold temps I might be ice fishing Bangs by Sunday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts