ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we had our first good day on the river this year. we got 5 northern not to big but still fun to catch, two lm bass, 3 channel cat, one little crappie.

channel cat missing its tail pretty crazy must have been bitten when it was young

6.5 lb channel

little snake

another snake

my brother showed up for two hours and caught this 29in

26in

got this 2.9lb bass first good one this year

another one

last one

small crappie ate a large roach

channel

[/img]

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
I figured out where he was but I won't tell jspecex.

Nice fishies :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Ed, it is a pretty high pressure area right now, but i am pretty sure any channel or runoff from the river will hold many pike.

·
Registered
72 Posts
lol

you could be nice and give that guy who asked the info of where you were!!!he might want to take his kid fishing over there by the snow board hill in algonquin...that is kinda rude..theres enough fish in the river for everyone!!! why be a chooche about your spot....ill tell everyone....

good fishing all!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would tell him if i could pm but i don't want the whole board coming there that don't even give anything to the board

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: lol

islandguymike said:
you could be nice and give that guy who asked the info of where you were!!!he might want to take his kid fishing over there by the snow board hill in algonquin...that is kinda rude..theres enough fish in the river for everyone!!! why be a chooche about your spot....ill tell everyone....

good fishing all!!!!!
hey i look at it this way, sharing tricks and tips are great, but sometimes you just have to find the spots yourself. if you find a good fishing spot, and do well there why would you want a bunch of people to go there. i personally work hard to find my good fishing spots being i dont own a boat. so i keep them to myself as-well. its called fishing for a reason!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good ole HNG.
Been fishing there for 10 years.
Used to be nobody there.
Now you get people coming from all over.
The word got out.
Have caught some great bass there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great fish! I've been unsuccessfully looking for pike since the ice out. I've been using spoons around shallow cover in the tributaries. Any tips?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
foxrat said:
Great fish! I've been unsuccessfully looking for pike since the ice out. I've been using spoons around shallow cover in the tributaries. Any tips?
i have tried spoons and crankbaits with no luck. everything so far has been on medium to large roaches,floating them in current breaks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts