ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met a fellow member (motorcycle guy) at the Fox yesterday. I was telling him that I couldn't register here, he said to try again, so here I am. It was a pleasure talking with you yesterday. Take care.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Welcome :)2 .

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Nope.
I don't fish the Fox like I used to.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fonzie said:
Nope.
I don't fish the Fox like I used to.
he used to fish the fox either sitting indian style or standing on his head.
it was quite a sight to behold. kids would come from miles around to witness it.
now he just fishes the fox the way the rest of us do, with high hopes and no set expectations.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB REVO!!
where do you usually fish the fox?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had been fishing around the dam in Aurora. Its the closest spot to my work, this way I can go at lunch.

Time to learn how to fish the Fox, haven't had much success last year or this year.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i fish from as far north as algonquin down to batavia. i havent been down to aurora in years.
i'm always wading.
do you wade or fish from shore? i can suggest some things if you're able to wade. nothing you won't get from books or a good video though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ElPescador, thanks for the offer. However I don't have time for wading at lunch, so I try to do my best off shore.

I will wade the Duper this year, looking forward to it.

Again, thanks for the offer, good luck to you.

Paul

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeah i see your point. depending on your type of work, returning from lunch all wet might either seem odd or it may be frowned upon.

from shore i think you have the same opportunities except some prime spots you cant get to.

fishing from shore is great during high water for me. a tube jig and methodically working every slight little shoreline break or boulder a fish could be behind.

good luck revo.

btw, did dupage county finally change that regulation about wading?
can you wade now?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I'm pretty sure that DuPage County allows it now,
but Naperville has a city ordinance against it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wade in Will county on the DuPage river. Not sure about the DuPage county ordinance.

BTW, thanks for the advice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts